Well hello there.
Several days before we started writing this post, this humble little blog was nominated by Alex (123) from Tsukiyo no Hikari (formerly Tsukiyo no Mako) for this award. Yes, the Liebster Award. If you have no idea what that is, the following is just for you:
The Liebster award is intended to give some exposure to small blogs with less than 200 followers. The rules are as follows:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
4. Go to the blogs you nominated and notify them of your nomination
5. Give your nominees 11 questions to answer.
OUR QUESTIONS, AS PROVIDED BY ALEX (123):
1. What do you most enjoy about blogging?
Moira – Blogging is my way of expressing my thoughts about something I am most passionate about, which is music, or Japanese music in particular.
Austin – What I enjoy about blogging the most is being able to just write about what I think about things, I mean, I hardly get to do that….. Just writing about stuff…
2. What do you find hardest about blogging?
Moira – The hardest thing about blogging is probably finding time for it in the midst of busy days, which, in turn, makes it hard to post in a timely fashion.
Austin – Being able to think about what to write, that has always has been the hardest thing about blogging for me… I usually just go blank and just sit there, and procrastinate….
3. Do you play a musical instrument? Or if you don’t, is there one that you would like to play?
Moira – I play some guitar and a bit of piano. I would, however, really love to learn how to play the violin and/or the harp, if possible. I seem to have a certain liking for string-based instruments, I guess!
Austin – I want to!! But I can’t, I’m not talented enough… Ahaha….. But if I were to choose an instrument, it would have to be the violin.. I’ve always wanted to play a really complex song, while staying on my nerdy side… Like Professor Layton’s theme song! Yup, that one.
4. Was there a subject at school/uni which sounded really cool, but you never got around to taking?
Moira – Well, not much can be considered ‘cool’ right now at school, so nothing there… And for uni, I’ll probably be taking whatever sounds cool to me anyway, so… overall… unsure.
Austin – I don’t exactly know what I would take…. I do want to do some dissections though, so you know… So, I’m also unsure for the moment!
5. Can you speak another language?
Moira – Aside from English, I can speak Filipino. Like Austin, I also learned Italian, but only for two years, as opposed to his three. But I would definitely want to someday be fluent, or at least quite proficient in a few other languages… mostly Japanese, lol.
Austin – Errrr, kinda… Well, I can understand Filo… but just not speak it very well.. Although I did do Italian all the way through till Year 9, so I guess that’s something.
6. Give yourself a geekiness rating from 1 to 10, where 1 is totally non-geek, and 10 is 100% geek from head to toe.
Moira – Maybe a 7? Geekiness can stem from many different things, I guess.
Austin – I’d say 7 but Moira begs to differ and says 8 out of 10.
7. Is there an anime/manga/other that you think is underrated, or you want to let more people know about?
Moira – Umm… *thinks for two minutes, gets tired, goes to sleep*. I am currently not equipped to answer this question, lol.
Austin – KissxSis or Manyuu Hikenchou , ahaha…. I couldn’t think of many anime, and these were the only ones that I could think of… Or maybe it’s just because I’m perverted? (“YES YOU ARE PERVERTED” says Moira)
8. Who is your most hated anime/fiction character?
Moira – I don’t have a ‘MOST HATED’, so I shall just mention one I dislike… Amano Yukiteru from Mirai Nikki. He’s a little sh*t. *flips table*
Austin – Naruto, from uhh, Naruto… Such a mainstream character, believing in the power of friendship and wanting to have Sasuke come back… It annoys the hell out of me, I kinda like side characters the most…. Like Neji and Hinata!!
9. Suddenly, you get to be the Supreme Ruler of the World. What changes would you make?
Moira – FAST INTERNET FOR ALL. FOOD FOR ALL. PEACE ON EARTH. YES.
Austin – Working internet for all, and a lot of it too…. Also, no school… Or at least more holidays and less of school days…. or at least no maths….
10. Suppose you had to live on two foods/dishes for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
Moira – Can a bento box count as one? ‘Cause if it can, then I would have my usual: steamed rice, teriyaki chicken, tori kara-age, and salad with some sort of dressing. And like Austin said below, I would also have… cake.
Austin – Uhmmm, this is hard…. I’d say cake and pasta. Cake because I love all sorts of cakes. As for pasta, well… It’s yum and there’s a whole bunch different types…. Also it delicious!!
“I love me a good pancake…..”
Both – And by just saying ‘cake’, that means we would be entitled to all sorts of cake. Let’s just list a few cake recipes…
* Cake in general (sweet stuff)
* Potato cake
* Carrot cake
* Banana cake
* Ice cream cake
* Rice cake
… Is this allowed…?
11. If you had to choose one, what fictional world would you want to live in?
Moira – So many possibilities! I guess I’ll just say… THE WORLD OF HARRY POTTER, OMG. Time to cast spells, play quidditch, and befriend unicorns, yay. (“WINGARDIUM LEVIOSA!” says Austin)
Austin – Even though I hate Naruto as a character, I would actually want to live in the Naruto realm. Or something like Sword Art Online…. Anything really, living in a fictional world would be so awesome! But I would choose Naruto overall.
OUR NOMINATED BLOGS:
(May or may not have already been nominated…)
Hybrid Universe: http://eltmanypieces.wordpress.com | Nomination follow-up post: Liebster Award
Japanese Melodia: http://japanesemelodia.blogspot.com
The SkyCorps Blog: http://theonlyskycorps.wordpress.com | Nomination follow-up post: Liebster Award
Music Addiction: http://musicaddiction2.wordpress.com
Anime Monographia: http://animemonographia.wordpress.com | Nomination follow-up post: Mein Liebster Auszeichnung
The Classy Shipper: http://classyshipper.blogspot.com
Kurayami Monogatari: http://solarblade.wordpress.com
Deadlight’s Anime Blog: http://deadlightanime.blogspot.com
(… Umm, eight should still be enough, right?)
OUR QUESTIONS FOR THE ABOVE BLOGS
1. What got you into the world of blogging?
2. Wow, you just scored $5. What do you spend it on?
3. Pick an anime character to be for the rest of your life… And GO!
4. Create a haiku about anything that starts with W.
5. Do you prefer liquid soap of a bar of soap?
6. If it meant it would solve world hunger, war, disease and bigotry, would you spend the rest of eternity in Hell?
7. If you could replace one bodypart with a super bionic replacement, what body part and what features would it have?
8. You can eliminate one of your five senses to substantially strengthen the others, which one would you eliminate?
9. You found a new species of dinosaur in your backyard, what will you name the species, and which modern day animal would be considered its closest relative?
10. Would you rather spend one year with your one true love just to never see them again, or the rest of your life with your second best?
11. What does true happiness mean to you?
(P.S. This is unimportant information, but… the even-numbered questions were written by Moira, and the odd-numbered questions were written by Austin, with the exception of question 11.)
(P.P.S. Anyone can answer the above questions just for fun in the comments below!)
THAT IS ALL.